Here are answers to frequently asked questions about the settlement. Detailed information about the settlement is contained in the Class Notice and Settlement Agreement.

If you do not find an answer to your question here, please contact us directly.

About The Settlement

Why did I receive this Settlement Payment?

Your settlement payment is the result of a settlement in the In Re Hudson’s Bay Company Data Security Incident Consumer Litigation.

The lawsuit claimed that Hudson’s Bay Company ULC, Saks Incorporated, Saks Fifth Avenue LLC, Saks & Company LLC, and Lord & Taylor LLC were responsible for the Data Breach and asserts claims such as: negligence, breach of implied contract, unjust enrichment/quasi-contract, breach of confidence, and violations of the following acts: Arizona Consumer Fraud Act, California Unfair Competition Law, California Consumers Legal Remedies Act, California Customer Records Act, Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act, Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, Illinois Consumer Fraud Act, New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, New Jersey Consumer Security Breach Disclosure Act, New York Consumer Law for Deceptive Acts and Practices, Texas Deceptive Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act, Nevada Deceptive Trade Practices Act, and the Georgia Fair Business Practices Act.

Defendants deny these claims and say they did not do anything wrong.  No court or other judicial entity has made any judgment or other determination that Defendants have any liability on these claims or did anything wrong.

Who received a settlement payment from the settlement?

Eligible class members who timely returned valid claim forms were sent settlement payments.

Please cash your check by November 26, 2022 or it will be void.

How do I get a settlement payment?

To receive a settlement payment, you must have completed and submitted a valid Claim Form.

It is too late to submit a Claim Form now.

Is it too late to receive a settlement payment if I did not timely submit a claim form?

Yes, it is too late. If you did not previously complete and return a claim form, you are not eligible to receive a settlement payment. No exceptions can be made.

I need my check reissued. What should I do?

To request a check reissue, write to the Claims Administrator at:

HBC Claims Administrator
P.O. Box 2005
Chanhassen, MN, 55317-2005

Or send an email to

What if I have more questions?

If you still have questions, you call the Claims Administrator toll-free at 1-877-805-1278, or email them at

More details are in a Settlement Agreement.  You can get a copy of the Settlement Agreement here.  You can also write with questions to:

HBC Claims Administrator
P.O Box 2005
Chanhassen, MN 55317-2005